Some of the news items I came across today are very interesting:
- It is time to start wondering when the breaking news of the day is “Michelle Obama gets new hairdo“
- and when the news “Stray snake halts Indian assembly” is on the front page of BBC Online, you wonder – are they trying to enhance the stereotypical image of a country?
- and it is really not a great time for the past President A P J Abdul Kalam.
- First he was “frisked” in security check by Continental Airlines – “tauba! tauba!” – isn’t that a breach of our country’s status as a Republic? How dare a chota mota carrier like Continental insult a whole country’s honour? and on top of everything he did not even receive an apology for being frisked! Having no other urgent matter that is pressing regarding the governance of the country, the parliament spent sometime dealing with the waves created by this unpardonable breach of conduct by the all assuming American Airline. Did you even realize that he had to undergo full body check and was even asked to remove his shoes? What outrage! Even I have had to undergo that just a few times. “The frisking was absolutely unpardonable,” Minister of State for Civil Aviation Praful Patel said in the Rajya Sabha. “Action will be taken in accordance with the sentiments of the house.”
- and then today he was “forced” to walk for 15 minutes in search of his car in a private medical college premises. I wonder who forced him to walk… I mean now, if this is not violation of code of conduct to an ex-President what can it be? Of course, such code of conduct violation merits attention as one of the top stories of “The Hindu” that too as the second link.